Next, my crazyy friends took me to the traditional Denny's at about 12:30 am. Now we're talkin. I'm officially 16!! Soo we went and we laughed and giggled and I was dressed suuuper weird but that's okay... isn't everyone who goes to Denny's that late?! We took tons of pictures and this hippie guy gave me a bracelet.. it reads, "HAPPINESS". Aww.
Happiness
So I arrive home at like 2:30, and put my head to rest (even though I had no point to cause I am 16 now). I woke up to this strange singing... but as the blur faded I came to recognize the familiar faces of my family and as my ears awoke I finally heard the last little bit of "Happy Birthday". Aww man! So it wasn't a dream! I REALLY WAS SIXTEEN! Yes! I hopped out of bed, dressed myself for church, and went throughout church just happy go lucky. I was smilin, and people were saying hi to me, and man. What a day. People are so nice! Haha so then, as I was about to eat lunch, I hear this knock on the door. Who is it none other than.. Matt Macdonald standing there with a rose. I love this kid! Haha I was like wow.. now this guy.. is just great. haha so I guess Matt set a trend because 14 other boys showed up with roses all within about 10 minutes of eachother. Who was the mastermind between this wonderful flattery?! Who showed up with the last rose?!.. CATIE PORTER. I seriously owe you girl!! That was like, the coolest, best thing I could ever ask for. So later I went and played games at Catie's and it was just great. What a wonderful day! Thank you guys so much for making my birthday so memorable! I am so happy to be a part of the 16 year old world.. and this is, well, ONE story of a girl.
Emmaline
"Whether sixty or sixteen, there is in every human being's heart the lure of wonder, the unfailing child-like appetite of what's next, and the joy of the game of living. In the center of your heart and my heart there is a wireless station; so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer, courage and power from men and from the infinite, so long are you young."
No comments:
Post a Comment